Monday, September 26, 2011

I Scream, You Scream... We All Scream For Ice Cream!

The Amaretto and the protein density 
in the Greek yogurt is the secret 
to the smooth silkiness that out-rivals 
any Italian gelato.

I love Haagen Dazs, but admittedly it is not something that I would ever eat for breakfast. In the heat of summer I do crave that rich, cool, creamy sensation that just seduces your taste-buds from the first lick more than anything. So, I figured I'd make my own makeover using a stable I always have in my fridge: Greek yogurt. This is actually something that you can savor for breakfast - high in protein, probiotics and clean of junk, it is truly a delicious and satisfying treat for all your senses.
And yes, so much so, that I lick my bowl clean when no one is looking.

So, what's in it?
(Makes approx. 4 servngs)
  • 3 cups 2% Greek plain yogurt
  • 1 cup raw buckwheat or wildflower honey, liquid 
  • 2 tbsp. Amaretto
So, what to do?

Mix ingredients in food-processor and freeze according to instructions in an ice-cream machine (alternatively, you can freeze in an ice cube tray and then blend 6 cubes per serving, when you want to dish it, but you really do need an ice-cream machine to get that smooth seductive silkiness going.

I like to serve it with chopped figs and shaved, dark chocolate or banana slices and coconut flakes. Sometimes I'll drizzle some raw medical-grade Manuka honey over... Give in to temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment