Sunday, June 9, 2013

Saturated fats rate high on satiety index

One of the biggest issues for dieters today -  and that I constantly hear from my clients - is the struggle against hunger. A couple questions quickly reveal that most of them have cut saturated fats down to nothing - something that they've been brainwashed to do by the diet industry. Please keep in mind that the diet industry depends on you failing in the weight loss battle, otherwise they don't get repeat customers: they need you to lose weight and then struggle with cravings and a sluggish metabolism to ensure you gain it all back and come crawling back to them and spend more money.

Your brain, hormones and cells are mainly made up of saturated fats. So common sense will tell you, that this is something your body also needs from your diet for healthy functioning. Mother's milk is made up in large by saturated fats, because it is so essential for brain development etc.

In fact, I often start my mornings with heavy cream in my coffee, grassfed butter on my Ezekiel toast topped with a softboiled egg and a couple slices of delicious avocado and a bowl of banana/blueberries/macademia nuts. So fingerlicking good!

I do not struggle with cravings. I do not go to the gym. I do not count calories. My bodyfat is 18%. This is not due to great genetics - on the contrary, I have low serotonin symptoms running on both my parents side, so I need to pay attention to my metabolic type in order to keep my brain chemistry balanced and inactivate my genes of disease.

This breakfast rich in saturated fats keeps me satisfied without feeling stuffed for a good 5 hours. Whenever I skip my saturated fats and do something commonly thought as healthy, such as oatmeal with almond milk or low fat milk, I feel physically stuffed without being satisfied - I will have more food cravings for sugar and quick carbs that day. Not really a great feeling.

It is imperative that you know your own brain chemistry dispositions in order to know what to eat to feel great. And the right types of fats play a huge part.

Which fats did you eat today?

No comments:

Post a Comment