Monday, March 11, 2013

Sanddunes of The Sahara.

One of my favorite places to get lost in beauty and silence is The Sahara.
Nothing to do. Nothing to say. Nothing else matters.

End yet, everything that matters matter.

It is the only place on earth where the silence is deafening, and everywhere you look the endless dunes stretch out towards eternity. A claim for immortality.
Almost as if an act of Hubris.

It is one of the most mesmerizing places I have ever been to.
The simplicity of endless nothingness. Of waking up by the first ray of the sun entering through your tent, inhaling the strong aroma of the coffee brewing over the fire and sinking your teeth into sweet ripe oranges, caramellike dates and fresh-as-can-be goat's milk from the nomad's.

I never plan my trips - I just buy a ticket, grab a lonely planet and then go with the wind because that is the beauty of adventure for me - no plans, no structure, no goals... the simplicity of the journey.
And I love that.

The Sahara...

All Right Reserved Christina Santini - pictures from GypsyTalesTM.










2 comments:

  1. That must be a wonderful life experience. I wish I could also be some place like that, probably at Alaska. I love to feel cold and snowballs. One day I'll visit my dream place. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes alaska is another place i've heard of where it supposedly feels like you are beyond the existence of time. although, i'm bad with cold, it does look amazingly scenic. all the more reason to eat some chocolate to polster up a bit before that trip! best of travels to you!

    ReplyDelete