Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What DRIVES you in LIFE?

Oftentimes when I ask my clients to tell me why they have come to see me, they will respond with "because I want to be healthy".




Hmmhmm....really?


Does that motivate you?


Can you FEEL it?

Because quite frankly my dear, I can't.

Yes, there I said it. Healthy is boring. End of story.
What is NOT boring, however,  is what DRIVES you to want to get healthy...

What is it that you want to be able to DO... ?

What do you want to FEEL like?

What do you want to LOOK like?

Which PEOPLE do you want to be surrounded by?

Where do you want to be in the morning when you WAKE UP?

And whose face do you want to see at night before you CLOSE YOUR EYES?

Now these are the things that drive me in life. Every day. Every waking moment. This is what matters.

And whether you realize it or not, these things are also what matter to you. After all, we are only human and our basic needs are still the same.

It is important that you get real about where you want to be in life - and plan it. Because if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

For me, the best way to keep me reminded of what matters in my life, is focusing on surfing. This combines my need to be in touch with nature, having a healthy and strong body that is able to ride a wave and simply being in a state of flow... where nothing matters... there is nowhere I need to be but right here... in this very moment... listening to the waves crash on the shore and feeling the rays of the sun on my skin. And for that, I am grateful.

And when I am not in Cali grabbing my surf board, but am stuck in the city that never sleeps aka New York, then I day dream... reminding myself of what truly matters in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment